The teaching of chemistry in B.V.Raju College was started in the year 2003 and began with 28 students who chose Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as their optional subjects in U.G Course. At present M.P.C. (Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry) and BT.BC.C (Biotechnology, Bio -Chemistry and Chemistry) groups are running by U.G. Chemistry department with 360 students.
The department is supported by qualified and experienced faculty who impart required guidance to students in their curriculum, projects and placements along with intellectual and psychological bolstering. Faculty also provide competitive knowledge, communication ability and help in doing student projects namely coconut analysis, water analysis and soil analysis, etc. Faculty regularly visit national research institutes namely Indian Institute of Chemical Technology, Central University of Hyderabad, Indian Institute of Sciences & Indian Institute of Technology for upgrading their Knowledge and Qualification.
U.G Chemistry students of B.V.Raju college acquire Knowledge beyond curriculum from the Scientists of Pharmaceutical Industries, IISC, IICT & CCMB. Our students are placed in familiar pharmaceutical industries namely GVK, Aurobindo, Micro Labs , Reddy Labs, Mylan & Biocon etc.
- Enhance the quality of the chemistry and industrial chemistry programs.
- Enhance the basic and applied research framework in the Chemistry Department.
- Increase enrolment in the chemistry programs.
- Enhance services to the society.
- Develop relations with the industries to achieve the department goals.
An effective Teaching - Learning adjunct to cater the need of industries in the context to achieve national goals.
- The Chemistry Department is committed to prepare competitive and professional graduates with an innovative and intellectually stimulating environment.
- To support other academic programs.
- To build proactive partnerships with industries.
- To offer effective training and technical services to the society.
- Well-equipped Labs
- Internships with Multinational companies
- Teaching Assistantship Program (TAP)
- Student Projects & Field visits
- Industrial Visits
- Training for Higher Education