One of the pulsating departments of BVRICE, it offers two streams of Biotechnology, one with Biotechnology, Biochemistry and Microbiology and the other with Biotechnology, Biochemistry and Chemistry. Students are not only made experts in practical aspects but also in interpersonal skills, a vital ingredient to excel in the fast-paced world.
Students gain practical experience from field visits to industries, research institutions, workshops, etc and are also motivated to take up research projects, paper presentations in state level symposiums which will enable them to excel in their selected career.
For authentic industrial experience, second-year students are encouraged for summer projects of two-month duration at diagnostic centers, pharmaceutical labs, food industries, hatcheries, water plants, beverage industries situated at Hyderabad, Vishakapatnam, Kakinada, Ramachandrapuram, Tanuku, Gudem, Vijayawada, Bhimavaram etc.
Of late the department is focusing on placements for students. Reliance life sciences, Bioscience companies, diagnostic centers and fisheries are interested in employing our students. Software companies like Wipro offers WISTA program for our students. Crash course in training for placements according to the requirements is provided for improving their chances of being placed. Students opting for higher education are provided coaching in collaboration with VINEX for entrance examinations.
Our teaching-learning process, involves experts from various universities and adjunct faculty to enhance the student's knowledge and also target to get ranks in central universities and vanish the gap that exists between academic curriculum and competitive demands.
- To give a sound knowledge on technological solutions for all the challenges of mankind: Food, health, environment, climate, energy, material etc. by engaging students in mini projects related to scientific challenges, which can contribute for the research field in the life sciences.
- To sharpen the student knowledge on higher education by giving training at university level for all competitive exams.
The mission of the Department of Life sciences is to provide excellent graduate education in the courses. It offers higher education and the diverse research opportunities. We are committed to excellence in our teaching and we strive to develop each student's ability to acquire and critically interpret knowledge of basic facts and theories of biology.
- Well qualified and experienced faculty members from the department.
- Uncompromising commitment in teaching practical laboratory skills.
- Implement innovative teaching methodology and extensive wet lab practical training practices to frame the student to qualify in CEEB, JAM, TIFER, IISC, CUCET and various universities PG entrance examination.
- Experts from universities are regularly invited to present lectures and to interact with students and faculty.
- Universities representatives visit the campus to recruit students after finishing their degrees.
- Implement advanced teaching techniques and learning aids for undergraduate students
- The labs are well equipped with state of the art infrastructure.
- Industrial visits at various industries and research institutions such as CTRI, Dairy industries, CCMB etc.
- To provide equal importance to all branches of Biology
- Build up teaching Career in biology-particularly Plus two/ PUC / CBSE/ ICSE classes
- Shaping Research Career in - wet and dry lab
- Motivating towards Higher Studies (Ph.D) in India and abroad.
- A significant number of students are perusing higher studies in advanced research institutions.
- Outstanding employment record and development of employability skills.
- Our alumni occupy important positions in government, industrial sectors (major recruits includes IIL, Reddy labs, Omega health care, ELICO, RWR, Indian Immunological sciences etc) and also in soft ware companies like Satyam Mahindra, WIPRO, Infosys etc.