Dept. of Mathematical sciences comprises of and MSCs and MPC. MSCs group is one of the maiden groups offered since the inception of BSC courses in 2002. MPC was introduced in 2003. Both the groups are in high demand with an intake of 50 for MSCs and 50 for MPC.
Experienced and enthusiastic faculty handles classes giving their best to keep the students well instructed. They also take part in counseling and guiding students coming to them with their problems through an open-door policy.
Well equipped laboratories in physics, chemistry and computer science are available for students from morning to evening. Statistics practical exercises are worked out in computer lab provided for the purpose.
To hone the skills of students in communication and aptitude special coaching is offered to final year students. The ITP program further helps to train students in preparation for campus placements, ICET, Banking services recruitment etc.
For their overall development students are encouraged to take part in extracurricular activities like sports, NSS, VCLC (Vishnu Cultural and Literary Club) etc. They also have active role in seminars and workshops and events conducted in Quiz, Puzzles, Paper and Poster presentation and have many winning situations to their credit.
Transform student by providing modern scientific, quality education through an integrated and balanced education system.
The department of mathematics and humanities aspire to the highest standards of excellence in teaching.
- To incite student excel in problem solving, analytical thinking and utilization of technology.
- To induct high quality mathematics to enter the future work force.
- To provide individual help in their studies and overall progress.
- To stimulate the students as mathematicians and statisticians to attain intellectual competence.
- To induce ethical perfection so that they contribute for development of society.